Investing in UK farmland
There is a very sound financial basis for investing in farmland.
- Capital growth: Average values have more than doubled in the past 10 years and further growth is predicted.
- Diversification: Farmland can be used to generate a wide range of income streams, such as renewable energy, in addition to agricultural returns.
- Yield enhancement: With careful management it is possible to increase significantly yields and therefore capital values.
- Tangible, transparent assets: The UK’s secure land tenure rights and strong legal framework make farmland an attractive asset for investors looking to protect their capital.
- Demographics: A rising global population, changing consumption trends and food security issues help to underpin agricultural land values.
- Tax efficiency: With the correct ownership and management structures, farmland can benefit from a number of tax reliefs